Self Represented Litigants
In British Columbia, the Civil Resolution Tribunal and Small Claims court are deesigned to be as simple and accessible as possible so that people and companies can access justice without hiring a lawyer. Despite user-friendly websites and free online guides, though, it can still be a challenge to represent yourself in court without some professional guidance. We can help you navigate the rules of procedure, draft pleadings and other court documents, collect and present evidence, research, and prepare to attend trial and other court appearances with confidence.
The Civil Resolution Tribunal is Canada’s first online tribunal and deals with civil disputes up to $5,000, and other limited claims.
Small Claims court is for civil disputes from $5,001 to $35,000.
Book your Appointment
Welcome to Butterfly Legal – Your Partner for online Small Claims Court Guidance in BC!
Welcome to Butterfly Legal, where we understand that dealing with small claims court matters in BC can be a complex and overwhelming undertaking. We’re your online small claims court lawyer, licensed to practice by the Law Society of BC. We’re here to provide you with experienced guidance every step of the way.
Why Butterfly Legal for Your Small Claims Court Matters?
At Butterfly Legal, we take your legal matters seriously and we practice differently. We understand that Small Claims court matters are important, but don’t justify spending large amounts on lawyer fees. We offer legal coaching, to help you represent yourself with confidence and keep legal fees under control.
Licensed and Experienced
Our lawyers are licensed by the Law Society of BC to practice law anywhere in British Columbia. We understand that navigating the laws of evidence and rules of procedure for small claims court is difficult to do without experience and training, and that’s why we’re here to coach you through the process every step of the way.
What’s Litigation Coaching for Small Claims Court
With litigation coaching, you represent yourself while we guide and advise you behind the scenes. You organize and manage the case, communicate with other parties, and make small claims court appearances, while we help you prepare and strategize, and answer your questions so that you can move forward with confidence. We are dedicated to providing you with the guidance you need to make informed decisions. From consultations to document reviews, We are here to support you throughout the entire process.
What Butterfly Legal Can Do for You:
1. Professional Online Consultations: Schedule a virtual consultation to discuss your case in a professional and confidential setting. We’ll provide you with the answers and insights you need to move forward with confidence.
2. Case Review Services: We can help you find and organize the relevant facts to your small claims court case, frame your small claims court case with the applicable legal issues, research relevant legislation and caselaw, and provide an opinion on your case’s strengths and weaknesses. We can help you weigh risks and potential rewards, and come up with a strategy to accomplish your goals.
3. Document Review Services We can draft, proofread or edit correspondence and court forms, and help you identify and organize the documentary evidence in your case.
4. Settlement Conference Services We can help you ensure that your documentary evidence is complete, that you are in compliance with the Small Claims court rules, and that you are ready and prepared to negotiate a favorable resolution of your case. If your case doesn’t settle, we can help you prepare to ask the Judge to make any needed Orders.
5. Trial Support From initiating a claim to representing yourself in court and at trial, we are here to offer guidance and support at every stage. Our priority is to help you understand how the law applies to your case, and how to navigate the rules of procedure so that you can effectively represent yourself.
Your Legal Matters, Our Priority
At Butterfly Legal, we recognize that your legal matters are important to you and we are committed to supporting you. Representing yourself doesn’t have to mean navigating the process alone. We are committed to providing you with the professional assistance you need, ensuring that you can approach your small claims court case with clarity and confidence.
Ready to discuss your case and explore how Butterfly Legal can assist you? Schedule your online consultation today, and let’s work together towards a successful resolution of your small claims court matter.